75. News: High Court tells SMB insurers to pay up
Episode 75 · September 23rd, 2020 · 1 hr 1 min
About this Episode
David Brear and Nigel Walsh are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting news stories of the week just gone!
Joining us today are:
- Nikki Daniels - Board Advisor for Honcho Markets and Founder & Director of e-Zee Insurance Solutions
- Esben Seyffart Sørensen - Head of Sales at Penni.io
- Oliver Ralph - Insurance Correspondent at Financial Times
We cover the following stories from the insurance and insurtech space:
- Lloyd’s of London predict a £5bn claims payout (03:46)
- SMBs might get the payout after all! (12:42)
- Woman cuts off own hand in attempted claims fraud, get’s two years in prison (24:30)
- Zego partners with Swedish scooter provider Voi! (33:08)
We also bring you an interview with Guy Farley, CTO and Co-Founder at Bought By Many who was recently crowned Technology Champion of the year at the Tech and Innovation awards ! (45:34)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Hanna Samuelson and edited by Alex Woodhouse.