Sarah Kocianski and Nigel Walsh are back this week to talk through the most interesting news of the week just gone. As always, they are joined by some awesome guests:
- Jillian Williams - Investment Principal at Anthemis Group
- Alex Dalyac - Founder and CEO at Tractable
- Amrit Santhirasenan - Co-founder and CEO of Hyperexponential
Together they cove the following news stories from the last week:
- Big month for funding in insurance (06:02)
- Sound bite James Blackham, CEO and Co-Founder of By Miles (06:32)
- More arguments over SMBs and cover during COVID-19 (18.22)
- EU prompted for Catastrophe Insurance cover (24:29)
- The pandemic increase prices in the insurance industry (32:25)
- Drone support for the NHS (41:59)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
Small business financial services are only 1% finished. Our latest research examines the Jobs to be Done and cultural insights on what US business owners need, and the digital services that will help them meet their goals. Download the research for free by heading to bit.ly/digitalsmb.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Hanna Samuelson and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- UK insurtech startup By Miles raises £15 million Series B for pay-by-mile car insurance - Tech.eu
- Insurtech startup Urban Jungle raises £2.5m - UKTN (UK Tech News)
- Pet insurer Bought By Many snaps up £80m boost from share sale | Business News | Sky News
- Cycle insurer Bikmo raises £1.8m Series A - UKTN (UK Tech News)
- Aviva and QBE face legal threat from bars and restaurants | Financial Times
- Pandemic Prompts Call for EU Catastrophe Insurance Cover - The New York Times
- Insurance prices rise across the board as coronavirus hits | Financial Times
- Flock supports Skyports in NHS drone delivery trials - sUAS News - The Business of Drones