50. A celebration of insurtech
Episode 50 · October 2nd, 2019 · 39 mins 48 secs
About this Episode
Sarah Kocianski is joined by some of the most frequently returning guests from our last 50 episodes! Together they go through some of the top news, topics and trends in the insurtech sphere. Our guests include:
- Tobi Taupitz, CEO and co-founder of Laka
- Oliver Ralph, Insurance Correspondent, FT
- Jimmy Williams, CEO and Co-founder, Urban Jungle
We cover the following topics and trends:
- Insurtech funding surpassed $3bn in 2018 and is up 280% in Q2 compared with 2018 (03:55)
- Lemonade’s Brexit proof strategy - and what this means for the industry as a whole (09:43)
- Most Brits Believe Insurers Dodge Paying on Claims (15:05)
- Lloyd's reveals depth of sexual harassment culture (19:04)
- The crash of Thomas Cook – insurance industry reacts (24:24)
- The insurance industry’s struggle to insure e-Scooters (31:05)
- Insurers on alert after Blenheim Palace £4.8m gold toilet stolen (36:46)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Insurtech funding surpassed $3bn in 2018
- Lemonade has settled on Germany for first expansion beyond the US - Business Insider
- YouGov Survey Finds Most Brits Believe Insurers Dodge Paying on Claims - Insurance Edge
- Lloyd's reveals depth of sexual harassment culture - BBC News
- The crash of Thomas Cook – insurance industry reacts | Insurance Business
- The rise of the E-scooter and its insurance challenges | Insurance Business
- Insurers on alert after Blenheim Palace £4.8m gold toilet stolen | Latest News | Insurance Times