This week we have some great stories for you as Sarah's joined by a couple of great guests:
- Andy Rear - Chief Executive of MunichRe DigitalPartners
- Jimmy Williams - CEO at Urban Jungle
Kicking off the show, the panel talks about Insurtech Slice Lab unveiling a new AI-based tool to predict insurance risk. The on-demand insurance platform which already offers homeshare, cyber and rideshare insurance, along with a white label platform which insurers can use to create their own digital products, has launched Slice Mind. Andy comments that insurers need this stuff and if the company can integrate with the big insurers then it can really work. Sarah adds that while it sounds fabulous she wonders how many of the big insurers will be able to handle the technology (01:45).
Next up, they take a look at Neos pairing with US insurer to offer customers smart home tech. The UK insurtech which provides home insurance policies that come with smart detectors will be working with American Family Insurance in its first move into the US market. Jimmy remarks how the market's seen various companies thinking about offering part of their technology stack for licensing in additional geopgrahies and the same thing could happen here while the startup looks for new revenue streams (08:26).
We also have an interview with Tom Spence, Chief of Product at Honcho (35:54).
Other stories include:
- InsurTech broker Kinsu closes
- Hannover Re Offers Match-Making Service for Insurtechs, Insurers Called ‘hr | equarium
- Lloyd's of London calls time on drink and drugs
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Insurtech Slice Lab unveils new AI-based tool to predict insurance risk
- Neos pairs with US insurer to offer customers smart home tech – FinTech Futures
- InsurTech broker Kinsu closes - Insurance Age
- Hannover Re Offers Match-Making Service for Insurtechs, Insurers Called ‘hr | equarium’
- Lloyd's of London calls time on drink and drugs - BBC News