Sarah and David are joined by Shaun Meadows, Partner at SI Partners Global.
Kicking off the show our hosts ask Shaun about what SI Partners is doing and his role as a partner there. But swiftly move on to his background at Aviva, where he went through a variety of roles over 22 years - giving him an interesting perspective on where and how the industry has changed over time. They also discuss Shaun's time working in Hong Kong and Singapore and how attitudes towards insurance differ from the UK.
Shaun has worked as a Non-executive Director on multiple projects including working along the CEO and Founder of Rocketer, developing and growing a technology business specialising in delivering one to one marketing within Facebook. He shares how that tied in with his insurance background and the expertise he brought to the project before sharing what he's working on now and where he thinks the industry is going.
To finish off the show we discuss some of the most interesting insurance news stories of the past two weeks including:
- InsurTech startup Sunday raises Series A funding of $10M led by Vertex Ventures
- InsurTech investment by re/insurers rises as new tools are developed to manage cyber risk
- Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products
- Barking mad! Big German dogs are more expensive to insure than German 4x4s, AA data finds
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- InsurTech startup Sunday raises Series A funding of $10M led by Ver...
- InsurTech investment by re/insurers rises as new tools are developed to manage cyber risk Nasdaq:WLTW
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products - Insurance Age
- Big German dogs are more expensive to insure than big German cars, says AA | This is Money