107. News: Chubb announced Betterfly partnership, Demex raised $9m, and Iceland launched turkey insurance
Episode 108 · December 22nd, 2021 · 58 mins 58 secs
About this Episode
Nigel Walsh is joined by a great panel of guests to discuss the most recent and exciting news in the world of Insurtech.
Joining us today are:
- Ruth Foxe Blader, Partner at Anthemis
- Reny Vargis-Cheriyan, Insurance lead for Risk Analytics TrueVoice Product lead, Deloitte
We cover the following stories:
- Chubb and Chile Insurtech Betterfly Form Partnership for LatAm Offering 3:35
- Climate Insurtech Demex raises $9m 14:47
- Lyanne, the French startup making insurance companies pay up, raises €1.2m seed round 27:44
- Some private health patients in Australia are paying $800 more for same procedure 39:14
- Iceland offers customers turkey insurance amid Christmas shortages 52:14
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
This episode is sponsored by Trustly.
What if you could re-imagine payments for the insurance industry?
What if you didn't have to rely on old and complex payment services and infrastructure? Instead, what if your payment provider could help create a user experience that stands out? And when it's time to pay out a claim it can do so instantly… to millions of bank accounts across the UK, Europe and North America.
Trustly are leading the charge in unlocking the Open Banking payments revolution we are seeing today. Their Open Banking platform redefines the speed, simplicity and security of payments, for more than half a billion consumers across the globe.
Visit trustly.com to read more about how they help insurtech companies make payments a key part of their digital-first approach.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Irina Andronic and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Chubb and Chile Insurtech Betterfly Form Partnership for LatAm Offering
- Climate Insurtech Demex raises $9m
- Lyanne, the French startup making insurance companies pay up, raises €1.2m seed round
- Some private health patients in Australia are paying $800 more for same procedure
- Iceland offers customers turkey insurance amid Christmas shortages